1. GALCO commenced its journey two decades back; it has branched into multifarious areas of application. How was this expansion conceptualized?
The Journey of Gal Aluminium Extrusion Pvt. Ltd was started in 1992. Intially, two Persons started this business of Aluminium Industry, along with a single press and 50 workers with restricted level of varieties in the Aluminium profiles. Later on, the works for both Commercial as well as Industrial sectors to supply Aluminium Profiles with the help of 2nd press along with 100 workers in 1997 followed by the 3rd press which was added in 2003 comprising 200 workers was setup. This expansion was accomplished by thesetwo individuals namely Late Paras Motilalji Lodha and Late Rajendra Motilalji Lodha. Both of them had a vision in 1992 to Supply monthly production of 1200 MT on or before 2020. At present this organization is managed by the Lodha family viz. Mr. Paresh P. Lodha, Mr. Pritesh P. Lodha & Mr. Jitendra P. Lodha. who are looking forward for establishing the 4th press in the near future.
2. What are GALCO’s Contributions to the automotive industry?
In the field of the automotive industry Gal Aluminium Extrusion Pvt. Ltd has contributed many products such as in Hattrack and Damler section used for Interior Body of Volvo Bus / Luxury Bus. We work according to the drawings received from our customer to develop as a profile. That design & Drawing sometimes would be easy and sometime turn out to be critical & crucial dimensions to develop in a profile. Nonetheless, we develop the profile by using formulas and efforts, One of which was the KTM Bike Silencer. The customer had appreciated our work & announced us, that the section designed will be used in KTM Bike as a Silencer.
3. Is GALCO into exports? Which markets do you export? Does the company see a substantial increase in export?
At present, we are not into the export market directly, but our customers export the product by applying the value addition.
4. What are your quality components and products for Automotive Industry?
Our Quality Components and Product for Automotive Industry are Aluminium bar. Firstly, Crompton Greeves used Copper stator bar in their product. We are suggesting them to use an Aluminium flat bar in your product, then they apply it. So the result comes out 1/3rd cost is reduce during the product.
5. How did it feel to be awarded the “BHARAT VIKAS RATAN” by one of the most renowned by ALL INDIA BUSSINESS DEVELOPMENT ASSCOCIATION? Does this set the bar at an elevated standard for your future products?
It’s a great feeling to be Awarded with ‘Bharat Vikas Ratan’. We intend to set a new target, new goals & we strive in achieving it by producing more refined products every now and then.
6. What are the primary products manufactured by GALCO that have an edge over its competitors?
In Aluminum Sector there is a high competition & everyone always try to give their best output. On comparison with our competitors we stand out as we are providing close tolerance product as per customer demand & it is quite difficult to extrude till that limit.. Example- LED profile, Glazing Clip, Heat Sink etc.
7. As the Managing Director, what would you say is the most enormous challenge faced by a firm of your aptitude in terms of evolving and redesigning new products in order to keep up with the volatile industrial requirements?
There is almost no enormous challenge faced by a firm of our caliber. Talking about redesigning new products, we always keep in mind, they are made as per requirement of volatile industry, with the support of our best technical & experienced team members for solving the each and every problem.